Nightfall, A Firefly RP
we have moved please check http://nightfallfirefly.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nightfall, A Firefly RP
we have moved please check http://nightfallfirefly.proboards.com/index.cgi
Nightfall, A Firefly RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shore Leave

+2
Charlie Cordoy
Katylinn
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shore Leave Empty Shore Leave

Post  Katylinn Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:12 am

Persephone
Docks

Katylinn stepped out of the Firefly and into the glaring sun of Persephone. Her leather pants, boots, tank top and leather jacket were too much for the heat of the sun, but Katylinn would not step onto a planet in anything less. After all, should she get into a scrape, the leather would offer more protection than almost any other clothing. And it felt good. Her falcata was belted on her hip and her throwing daggers were hidden throughout the folds of her calf-length jacket. Rhiannon, her rifle was strapped to her back.

Even though she was here on a few days shore leave, she was not going to take any chances. This was a dangerous city, as she well knew. She took the aviator sunglasses from her pocket and slid them over the bridge of her nose, thus reducing the glare of the bright sun. Casting her eyes around she grinned as she made for a respected tavern. She pushed open the batswing doors and strode confidently to the bar. "Flagon of whiskey, if you will sir", she ordered as she lay the coins on the table. Taking the flagon of fiery liquid, she found a booth in a shadowed corner and sat, her eyes roaming over the patrons in the bar.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://miss-stabby.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Shore Leave Empty Re: Shore Leave

Post  Charlie Cordoy Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 am

Persephone
Docks

Charlie wasn't quite so fashion conscious. A pair of baggy jeans, a t-shirt with more holes than swiss cheese and a tank top underneath made her look like one of the university students on Sihnon who talked about activism while eating their Blue Sun wheaties.

She twisted her hair back into a knot against her neck, as she walked towards the tavern Katy had just entered. She'd visited the docks numerous times but yet she didn't know them well, prefering to go into the cities when possible. This time she was up for exploring a little. After alcohol, that was.

She ordered a beer - a local beer, non of that BS crap - and sat at the bar itself, watching the news scroll across a ticker taped to a shelf behind the barkeep.

Last edited by Charlie Cordoy on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Female Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:41 am

Persephone
Docks

Katylinn looked up when she heard the creak of the batswing doors and let out a low whistle. Charlie had just walked in and the baggy jeans and worn t shirt did more for her figure than one would have thought. She watched as her crewmate walked up to the bar and ordered a beer. She smiled and not wanting to give up her place in the shadows, sent a waitress over for to call Charlie over to her secluded table. She slipped a couple of coins into the waitress' hand with a warm smile as she made her way over to Charlie.

She smiled as the Engineer came over and slid into a vacant chair at he scarred wooden table Katylinn had chosen. "Are you pleased to have a few days leave?" she asked in her husky, sing song voice as she passed over the whiskey flagon. Katylinn did not drink often, but every shore leave she took the opportunity to partake in the fiery liquid. She knew that were she to make a habit of it, it would become her salvation to the dark memories that hid in her subconscious.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 am

Persephone
Docks

Charlie chuckled quietly at the question. With a slight shrug, she shook her head. "Honestly? Not really. I'd rather be working on the engine. There's something rattling in the compression block and-" she stopped herself with a wry smile. "It ain't broken - yet. I guess it can wait a little."

She picked up the flagon and tasted the whiskey. It burned pleasantly low in her chest and she sighed. "Know what I like about travelling? The alcohol. Back home everything was so generic. It was almost tasteless." She idly poured a little of the whiskey into her beer, an impromptu boilermaker, before handing back the flagon.

[Tag]
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:00 am

Persephone
Docks

Katylinn nodded her head. She was no Engineer, but she understood the basic mechanics of the ship. It would hold together a little longer. And with Charlie's skill, most likely will flourish. "She'll hold together. She's pretty durable and with your tender touch I am sure she will come good", Katylinn said with confidence. She was not one to lavish compliments, but if it was earned, she had no problems with letting whomever know of their achievements.

Katylinn nodded her head. "I grew up here. Literally just outside those doors. We would sneak in just before dawn and grab a flagon or two before the Innkeeper closed up. We would do the rounds of the inns and whorehouses, getting whiskey and the occasional loaf of bread - not to mention more than a few cuffs over the ear for our efforts. But it was worth it. Sometimes we even ended up with a roof over our heads." she said with a faraway look in her eyes. She finished off her tankard and poured a little more of the fiery amber liquid from the flagon. "But enough about me eh?" she said with a lopsided grin.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:10 am

Persephone
Docks

The compliment made her smile and almost blush. She liked being appreciated for her skills and, though that wasn't rare, this crew also made her feel like part of the team. It felt welcoming, and that was a rarity.

She listened to Katy in silence, watching the way she slipped into reverie and sadness crept into her voice. It was...disquieting. "I can't even imagine. My life was so different but...I'm kinda jealous..." She gave a slight smile, unsure how Katy would take that comment, and dug her army knife from her pocket. One of its many (many) parts was a UV light. She passed it to Katy and rolled up her sleeve, gesturing to her forearm. "Take a looksee. I might even tell you a little secret about the Alliance, if you're lucky."

[Tag]
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:20 am

Persephone
Docks

Katylinn nodded her head as if to say enough said. She was pleased that Charlie accepted the compliment for what it was and that she seemed to be fitting in well with the crew. All too often the Engineers were seen as outside the crew when it was their skill that kept the boat in the air.

Katylinn chuckled as she pulled herself back to the present day. "Aye, it was certainly an adventure everyday. And well ya get tough pretty fast too. So I guess I have the streets to thank for me getting through the war." she said, shrugging off the trials she had seen in her childhood on the streets of Persephone. Katylinn's eyebrow quirked up in her trademark intrigued look, one that seemed to be almost glued in place when she was around Charlie. She took the UV light from the Engineer and with the look of a child in a toy store, shined the light on Charlie's exposed forearm. Katylinn let out a low whistle, the Blue Sun logo with what looked like a serial number clear under the UV light. "Now you have indeed piqued my interest" Katylinn said, her voice full of excitement.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:31 am

Persephone
Docks

"That's why I'm here," she said, with a nod to the tattoo. She could count the number of people she'd shared that with one one hand, minus a couple fingers too. Katy seemed trustworthy, though. There was just something about her. She took a sip of beer and decided to explain a little. Just a little. "I'm from Londinium. Kid of a Blue Sun family. I was trained up to go work for them. It was so preplanned and dull, it was suffocating."

A gesture towards the bar for another tankard of beer. "So the Alliance and Blue Sun go hand in hand. One protects the other, the other funds everything it does. You guys coulda won the war if you'd just taken out the cargo ships early on. Without Blue Sun money, the Alliance wouldn't have been able to amass the power they needed to kick your asses." She gave a little 'life's a bitch, huh?' shrug and took the knife, flicking to the nail file to smooth her nails.

[Tag]
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:38 am

Persephone
Docks

Linn managed to not gawk rudely at what Charlie was saying. Instead she smoothed her features into a knowing grin and chuckled. "No wonder you don't go by your real name" she said, now in on the secret and feeling more than honoured that Charlie had trusted her enough to divulge the secret. It was not one that could be safely spoken.

She shook her head with a wry smile. "And there I was infiltrating the Alliance and sabotaging their ships and supplies when all it would have taken was to hijack the bloody supply ships", she said with incredulity. She froze, realising what she had just said. It was no secret that she fought for the Browncoats, but it was not known at all about the small teams of four that would go behind the Alliance lines. All too often they did not come home, as Linn surely knew. She coughed self consciously into her hand, having given away more than she was accustomed to of her skills than she had planned. A little voice inside her head chuckled Quid pro quo, Linn it said and she forced the feeling of unease aside.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:43 am

Persephone
Docks

Charlie paused mid-file and looked up at her. The usual instinct - Alliance? You hate 'em - reared it's head and she tamped it down. She'd been infiltrating, that was different entirely. Ignoring the fact the Alliance could brainwash a knat. But even if they had, she'd have done something years before - what use would it be, brainwashing people just so they could hand in browncoats and unsavouries years down the line? Irrational thought was not pleasant thought.

"That's a pretty risky job," she said eventually, when she realised the silence had been just a little too long. "Musta taken guts."

[Tag]
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:49 am

Persephone
Docks

Katylinn had not realised that she had held her breath during the silence until she released it as Charlie spoke. The hesitation had been too long and she had begun to regret her loose tongue. That's enough whiskey for you she said to herself. Not even Nol knew what she did before she had been tossed in the Regulars. She schooled her features so that her discomfort was well hidden, though her eyes had turned steely in the silence. "It was what I was good at. Once you lose your team though, thats it. So I went in with the Regulars. Just as risky, but in a different way. Didn't think about it at the time. I just did what I had to." she said, pain flashing across her face as the memory of her Falcata slashing across the neck of her best friend forced its way to the front. Maybe just one more she thought to herself as she poured herself another whiskey.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:54 am

Persephone
Docks

"Yeah? I've noticed something over the years." She paused as the server set down another tankard of beer for her and accepted payment. "People don't always have to do things. A lot of people I've met who supported the Independants didn't have much of a reason to. A lot of those who opposed the Alliance are now suffering because of it. I guess it works both ways - my little brother joined the Alliance just to fight the Independants, though he had no stake in it." She took a long drink of beer before finally finishing. "I think my question is why did you do it?"

[Tag]
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 am

Persephone
Docks

Katylinn listened to Charlie speak. Gorram, the girl was perceptive. She had hit the nail on the head. Katylinn had seen it herself, kids she grew up with joining the Alliance, just because they were the more powerful of the two factions. Her own motives had been a little less power oriented. She shrugged her shoulders. "Because it was the right thing to do." she said casually. As soon as the words were out of her mouth, she knew that none more true had been spoken. She did not join the Independents for the glory, the fun or the money. She joined because it was the right thing to do. As for what she had to do during her battles, she tried not to think about it. The war was over now, that kind of brutality was left only to the Alliance now.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Persephone
Docks

Charlie smiled and gave a single nod in aknowledgement. It was a decent enough answer to go with beer and downtime. Maybe there was more to it, who knew, but that was a conversation for another time.

She stretched and leaned back in her seat, trying to force her muscles to relax. "You staying on the ship or sleeping out in the town tonight?"

[Tag]
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Persephone
Docks

Katylinn nodded her head. She had glimpsed enough of Charlie's character to know that this conversation was far from over, but for the moment they would rever to more pleasurable topics. She leaned back in the booth and stretched her long legs out in front of her. The booth was small and her tall frame was cramped in the confines. The small kinks worked out of her legs she gave Charlie a mischievious smile. "I think sleeping out on the town might be the go. After all, we are on the ship enough. I think its high time I was out and about in Persephone. What about you?" she said, casting her eyes around the room.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shore Leave Empty RE: Shore Leave

Post  Isaac Moss Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Persephone
Docks

Isaac quickly hopped of the Firefly, he was feeling very hyper due to the fact that he hadn't really had much of a chance to slake his boredom yet. Isaac was dressed in his royal blue suit and had a red tie, his loyal companion was tucked in it gun holder and he was wearing a blue trilby hat. Issac quickly spotted the building that was the tavern and headed over.

Inside he spotted his fellow crew members and he headed over to them, Isaac tipped his hat, "ladies, looking forward to shore leave?" he asked as he looked around the place, normally Isaac would not be caught dead in a place like this but what the hell. Issac then quickly spoke again, "I believe I shall use this time to buy new guns, new suits and possible get into a brawl just for some fun". He spoke as if what he was planning was a normal day and grinned at the two women, then held up a rather large and full looking pouch, "I'm also feeling generous, so if you need anything just ask" he said full of confidence or arrogance as it was hard to tell.

{tag all}
Isaac Moss
Isaac Moss
Refugee
Refugee

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Persephone
Docks

"I think sleeping out on the town might be the go. After all, we are on the ship enough. I think its high time I was out and about in Persephone. What about you?"

"I think I may stay on the ship. My bunk is the most comfortable thing I've slept on in forever," she laughed a little. "The last ship I was on, I ended up sleeping under one of the fans in the engine room cos the residual heat was the only bit of comfort for the crew."

Issac walked in. The slight murmurs from the other drinkers got her attention before he himself did. There was something about him that Charlie didn't like. Sure, he was a decent enough guy and he did his job well, but he was just so gorram cocky. He was definitely from one of the fancy planets, too, and, judging by that suit, he wasn't trying to hide it.

"I believe I shall use this time to buy new guns, new suits and possible get into a brawl just for some fun"/"I'm also feeling generous, so if you need anything just ask"

She looked up at him. To her drink. Back at him. And finally to Katy. "Am I the only one thinking he should hire a companion to loosen him up?" She teased, glancing up at him as she added. "Ask nicely and I may even fill the role for ya. Can't guarantee you won't be in serious amounts of pain in the morn, though, hotshot." Less kinky, more spanner to the head if he didn't learn a little humbleness.

[Tag: All]
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:13 am

Persephone
Docks

Katylinn smiled at the girl opposite her. "Aye know the meanin', but I know of a few places where ya can get a good bed and a hot meal for next to nothin' if you're interested" she said with a small shrug. She heard the bar go deathly silent, and her hand instantly slid to the folds of her jacket to take up one of her throwing knives. Casting her eyes around she saw the outrageous appearance of Isaac and rolled her eyes. He came to a stop beside their table and Katylinn continued to sip at her whiskey casually as he greeted them. "Certainly Mr. Moss, I can see yer more 'n ready for yer own", she said with a wicked grin.

Katylinn was taking a sip of her whiskey when Charlie suggested hiring a companion, and her face turned red with the effort of supressing the laughter that had turned to a choke. Forcing the burning liquor down her gullet, she looked to Charlie with a broard grin. "Aye, ye quite right there. Though I think we'd be too much for the poor man." she said conspirationally, as if he weren't standing right beside them.

She turned back to Isaac. She knew his type and was gonna get what she could off him. She knew that it was a rare occasion indeed that he would make such an offer. "I'll take up that offer, Mr. Moss. Coffee beans, if you can swing it. Core planet quality of course." she said with a grin. She knew the entire crew was hooked on it and her own supply was dwindling due to the increased numbers drinking the precious liquid. The least he could do was help supply the crew's habbit. After all, he had the suit for it.

Tag

Last edited by Katylinn on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Law Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:31 pm

Persephone
Docks

Nol pulled out a black object from the cargo hold of Nightfall, Pulling the cover off the antique motorcycle and looked over to his crew. He smiled at them all. "I already know what I am doing here. It's been almost a year since I took this beauty out. I'm going for a long ride", he said to them all and went back into the cargo bay. Coming out later with a helmet and a loading his guns. He looked up at the crew staring at him. "What, the last time I was here I got shot. This time they will get shot first", he said walking up to them and holstering his pistols.

Tag All
Nolan Law
Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-07-18

https://firefly.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:22 pm

OOC: Dave man, we're all in a tavern, not on the ship

Docks
Persephone

Katylinn could see the Cap'n through the holowindow and a small smile spread across her face. Him and that antique bike" she thought to herself. She turned to her two crewmates, "Well I think its time I moved off to find my lodgings for the evening. You can find me at The Revelling Wench its in Market Square, can't miss it." she said with a nod to her two crewmates before she tossed a few coins on the table to pay for their drinks.

The Revelling Wench

Katylinn pushed open the heavy oak doors and took in the elegant decor and the clean surroundings. She strode up to the bar, not looking at all like the wealthy merchants that usually were its patronage. "Good day sir, I'll take a suite, second floor if you will. And a bath" she asked politely as she came to a stop in front of the owner behind the bar. "Get out o' 'ere. we don't serve no low lifes" he sneered as he took in Katylinn's attire. A wry smile spread across her face. "My money is as good as any sir, and forgive my travelling clothes. I can pay up front if you're concerned", she said coldly as she slammed down her night's lodgings onto the polished mahogany bar. The owner coughed into his hand as his eyebrows rose. "Ah forgive me, madam. I'll get the water heating for your bath right away. You're room is top of the stairs on the left. I'll bring up your bath water just as soon as its heated. Anything else I can get you madam?" he asked, suddenly friendly.

Katylinn walked over to the frieplace that was on the south wall of her suite and set about lighting it. She warmed her hands on the hearth before she took out the bottle of whiskey that was in the folds of her leather jacket. Despite the name of the inn, it was one of the most reputable inns Persehone had. Once it had been a pleasure house, but that was when she was but a child. She heard a knock at the door and her hand on the hilt of her falcata she opened the door. The owener came in, struggling under the weight of two barrels of steaming water. He staggered to the bath and tipped the water in before bowing to Katylinn and leaving. Katylinn sighed in anticipation as she took her bottle of whiskey into the bathing room with her. She stripped off her clothes and slid into the scaldingly hot water. "Sweet oblivion here I come" she muttered as she rested her head against the end of the bath, the whiskey bottle making occasional trips to her mouth.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Persephone
Docks
Nightfall

While the others made their way to their chosen destinations, Charlie bought a few things and headed back to the Nightfall. The ship was silent. Without even the quiet hiss of the engine, it felt almost dead. Every mechanic Charlie had ever known regarded a good ship as a living thing; it needed to be active like a human needed to breath.

The sudden burst of off-key singing startled her into nearly slipping off the steps up to the catwalk. Taking a second to regain her footing, she turned to peer around. Further along the catwalk, towards the steps up to the engine room, the Shepherd sat singing to himself and reading his bible, oblivious to her presence.

It took a moment to place the song, but when she finally did, Charlie laughed out loud. He looked up and frowned. "What?"

"I know that song, it was big in the blackout clubs back home. You know it's about hookers and thieves, right, Shepherd?"

"Seemed appropriate."

"Harsh. She put aside her bag of things - some food goodies and a bottle of whiskey - and sat down on the catwalk, legs dangling over the edge. "We're a strange bunch, huh? I get Law being into all this, but the rest of us? Katy's got...something. She could fake her way into a respectful job easy enough. Isaac could walk through a Sihnon city without anyone thinking him outta place." A pause. She eyed Richie and grinned lecherously; he rolled his eyes. "There's no way you ain't been a man of the world. I know the world, and it'd eat you up like a tasty thing any day of the week."

Richie closed his bible at that, tucking it away into his pocket, away from speak of things he really shouldn't be remembering. "I've done my time, yes."

"A life of fun isn't a prison sentence, Shepherd. That said, hand over your bible. One of us needs a dull night."

The thought of not having his bible made Richie look distraught. He put a hand into his pocket, running his fingers over the soft leather, and frowned deeply. "Why do you want it?"

"Does it matter? A Shepherd is supposed to give freely, so give. I'll even nix the freely part and pay you for it." Reluctantly he handed it over and recieved a handful of money in return. "I hear the Revelling Wench is a decent place to sleep for a night." She stood and gathered up her bag of things, the bible tucked under one arm. "If you see any decent looking hookers, send 'em my way. I'm not adverse to paying at this point in time."

She fought a laugh as Richie looked scandalized, walking around him to head up the stairs and go to her room.

Nightfall
Charlie's Quarters

When she had nothing else to do, Charlie nested. She gathered blankets around her in a snug cocoon, cracked open a bottle of something strong, ate homemade wannabe-cookies and relaxed. In a world of very little luxuries, the small things counted. Richie's bible had been put aside near the door - he'd get it back once he learned to stop worrying about God so much - and music was playing quietly on a little radio. It was a local channel with nothing much good on, but it'd do for background noise.

Which was why she almost missed the beeping. It took her a moment to realise it wasn't the radio, and a moment more to dig it from the recesses of her backpack near the bed. The communicator was a small PDA - Alliance issue. A message was coming through; she hit the open call button.

The guy on the screen was good looking, clean cut and wearing a uniform that screamed 'Alliance' so loudly Charlie was sure the others must have heard it. She smiled a little and set it where she could see it even as she took out a cookie and opened her whiskey. "Hey, kid. What you doing so far out?"

"Looking for people like you," he smiled warmly and rubbed an eye with a fist, clearly exhausted, and looking like the little child she remembered from way back when. "Thought I'd check you weren't getting yourself in any trouble. I may not like what you do but I don't want you getting yourself imprisoned or worse."

The few seconds delay between answer and reply meant he was maybe a planet, a planet and a half away. Their calls had to be both short and within a decent enough distance to not be suspicious. As far as she knew, the PDA was registered under the name of one of the men on his ship. He'd be in serious shit if his boss ever found out.

"Not yet, Nate. I was gonna call you sometime soon, I need you check something for me." She gave him the serial number of the ship and waited. It came back clean, though noted on the database. "Can you amend the entry? Put us down as some sort of Alliance friendly...thing? I don't know, just something to keep us off the radar if we go to the core planets. This Captain doesn't seem the type to shy away from that."

Nate didn't look too pleased, but he gave a little nod. "As long as you're not bothering us, I'll see what I can do. Anything else?"

"We could do with some schedules, see where Alliance ships are gonna be for the next couple weeks, maybe?"

The change in his demeanour was immediate. His back straightened, his eyes narrowed and his jaw tightened. "I don't lend help to any thief other than my sister. Even then, if I found out you'd screwed over the Alliance in any way? I'd turn you in myself. Understood?"

And there it was. The elephant in the room. He'd help her stay off the radar as much as possible, check that she was even still alive - as long as she didn't do anything to upset his beloved Alliance. "Understood. See you around, kid."

Well if that didn't just ruin the mood. She sighed, snuggled down in her cocoon of blankets and planned to drink herself into a coma. Or sleep, at the very least.

[Tag: any]

(OOC: A search for the ship on Alliance records? That's bound to bite them in the ass on a job in the future...)

Last edited by Charlie Cordoy on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Richie Quentin Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Persephone
Docks
The Revelling Wench

Turns out the Revelling Wench wasn't as bad as the name suggested. This was a welcome relief. Though he had been forced to spend nights in spare rooms at whorehouses in the past - long, long nights - it wasn't something he actually liked doing. Respectable inns were much more his thing.

He realised, as he walked up to the bar, that he neither looked like a Shepherd nor had his bible. As far as anyone else was concerned, Richie could be just another of the unwashed masses. This was confirmed when the innkeeper sneered at him until Richie showed him the money and tried to convince him that, yes, he was reputable.

He went up to the room he'd been assigned after asking for a hot meal and a newspaper, and sat on the end of the bed, looking out of the window. The docks were dark aside from spots of light illuminating doorways, and the ships stood as menacing shadows against the sky. It was an unfriendly sight.

It was times like these that had Richie evaluating his life. Yes, he brought the word of God to the masses, and yes, he enjoyed travelling and finding new friends who would accomodate him when he couldn't afford a room. But he was getting older, with no prospects of a wife or children, no permanent home waiting for him, nothing to gain for the rest of his years but the knowledge that he'd brought a few men and women to God.

Was that really enough?

Outside the window, an overhang sloped gently down towards the ground. It was wide and sturdy enoguh to support a man's weight easily. Richie walked over, felt around the edge of the window frame, and found the killswitch. A simple flick and the holowindow disengaged. He climbed out, sat down, and savoured the cool - if not entirely fresh - air while he waited for his dinner and whatever would come after that.

[Tag: any]
Richie Quentin
Richie Quentin
Private
Private

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Law Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:46 pm

Persephone
Docks
Nightfall

Nol started his bike and sped off towards the wide open country side. He had no idea where he was going only that he was out there and finally he felt like a kid again all his worries gone and replaced by freedom, the freedom to do and say anything he wanted with out someone trying to shoot him. He rode fast and long and by the time he returned the bike back to Nightfall he noticed it was getting dark. He decided to stay in a little luxury tonight with a little of the last job's money. He checked into the local Hotel / Saloon.

Persephone
Docks
The Revelling Wench

Nol let out a small scream as he awoke in the middle of the night. The room was pitch black as he noticed he was sitting there in a cold sweat with his breaths coming quicker than he would like. He scanned the room somehow with a pistol in hand. He always slept with one under his pillow. Once he had finished he turned on the light revealing the topless body with many scars, not all from the war. He couldn't get back to sleep but instead sat on the edge of the bed and downed a glass of whiskey he had there. He then touched one scar in particular, on his left shoulder looking as though someone has tried to saw his arm off. And people how would of said that might be surprise to hear that it was almost true.

Tag All
Nolan Law
Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:26 am

Persephone
Docks
The Revelling Wench

Katylinn snapped her head up with a start. She had heard a scream. Her hand was instantly on the blade of her Falcata as she cast her bleary eyes around the room. "How did I get in here?" she muttered as she found that she was wrapped in a towel in the large four-poster bed. She slid her feet silently to the cold wooden floor and quickly pulled on her leather pants and tank top. Blade held easily in her left hand, she crept to where she had heard the noise. It had come from the room beside her and it sounded like someone had been massacred.

Katylinn came to a stop beside the door and took a deep breath to quiet her racing heart before she thrust it open. Not hearing anything she poked her head around the now open door. She was not foolish enough to stand in the doorway; that was just a really easy way to get shot. She saw Nol sitting at the table with a glass of whiskey in his hand, trying to get his breathing under control. She lowered the Falcata and knocked loudly on the doorframe before crossing the room silently on her bare feet and sitting down opposite him. "Rough night, eh?" she said with matching pain etched on her face.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Law Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:28 am

Persephone
Docks
The Revelling Wench

Nol heard the bare feet approuching and kept his pistol in reach as they got closer. He took another sip of the drink as the footsteps stopped and a knock came. He looked from the corner of his eye and his expression changed from that of scared and frightful to that of calming and relieved. He offered a smile of sorts to Linn. "You don't know the half of it" seeing the same sort of face he motioned for her to join him in the bottle on the table, flipping another glass and filling it for her.

Tag Linn
Nolan Law
Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content