Nightfall, A Firefly RP
we have moved please check http://nightfallfirefly.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nightfall, A Firefly RP
we have moved please check http://nightfallfirefly.proboards.com/index.cgi
Nightfall, A Firefly RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where has all the rum gone ?

+3
Charlie Cordoy
Marcus Cypher
Nolan Law
7 posters

Go down

Where has all the rum gone ? Empty Where has all the rum gone ?

Post  Nolan Law Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:59 am

Space
Nightfall's Mess

Nolan was surprised at how easy the last job was and at how much they got paid. It was absurd but Nolan didn't complain, it was about time the crew got some good luck. He poured himself a fresh cup of coffee as he thought about it. He took the cup and sat down at the table. There he had some fresh apples sitting there and started to eat one of them as he drank the sweet fresh coffee. Like many of the crew he had indulged a bit buying some fresh fruit and some really good coffee. He had also found some soft drink at one of the alleyway shops and brought some. That was something that he hadn't had since the war, and was planing to indulge in latter. He had also brought some parts for his bike and a nice new cowboy hat in brown. He sat there smug as some one walked in. "Well, I call that a good day" he said to them.

Nolan Law
Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-07-18

https://firefly.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Where has all the rum gone ? Empty Re: Where has all the rum gone ?

Post  Marcus Cypher Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:42 am

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Marcus had his pistol disassembled and the parts laid out on a large cloth in front of him on a small folding table off to the side, carefully cleaning and lubricating the parts. Hearing the captain’s comment, he smirks. Scrubbing at a rather stubborn bit of carbon, he answers.

“No one got hurt, didn’t take any major damage that our most talented mechanic can’t easily fix, and we got paid. I think that it qualifies as a good day, indeed.”

Finally getting that spot of carbon off the firing pin, he sets it down and picks up the barrel.

“Charlie, let me know if you would like an extra set of hands.”

[Tag any]
Marcus Cypher
Marcus Cypher
Refugee
Refugee

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:02 am

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Money meant cool things. Like new parts for Nightfall, gizmos and gadgets for herself, food that actually tasted like food to share. And a bottle of New Canaan brandy, of course. Charlie walked in to find Law and Marcus sitting around, looking like the cats who got the cream.

"Well, I call that a good day"
“No one got hurt, didn’t take any major damage that our most talented mechanic can’t easily fix, and we got paid. I think that it qualifies as a good day, indeed.”

"Indeed," she said, deadpan, snagging Law's new hat and setting it on her own head. She got three shotglasses from the counter and sat at the dining table with them, leaning back to rest her boots - and the bottle of brandy - on the table.

“Charlie, let me know if you would like an extra set of hands.”

She chuckled, cracking the top on the bottle and filling the shot glasses. Well, I was thinking that you guys could do the repairs while I do girly stuff. Like actually have a shower, and do my hair, and possibly wear a skirt." She pretended to think about this and frowned. "But then Nightfall would probably crash and burn the next time we attempted a docking. We all know Cap'n sucks at anything involving his hands."

Tossing Law's hat back to him, she grinned and watched as Marcus reassembled his gun with ease. "But apparently you don't. How'd you fancy helping work the dings out of the hull?"

Richie came up the back stairs, clutching a pristine new copy of the Bible. His had been taken by Charlie a while before and was currently hidden somewhere in the mass of books the Nightfall seemed to have. He'd given up on trying to find it.

Silently, he went to the counter and started trying to figure out how to work Katylinn's odd new coffee machine. God clearly had no hand in the making of those particularly annoying machines.

<Tag>
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Female Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Law Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Nol smiled at Marcus as he finished his coffee.

"Good so Marcus, what weapon of mass destruction did you get yourself?" he asked the man. Then Charlie started on him again.

Well, I was thinking that you guys could do the repairs while I do girly stuff. Like actually have a shower, and do my hair, and possibly wear a skirt." She pretended to think about this and frowned. "But then Nightfall would probably crash and burn the next time we attempted a docking. We all know Cap'n sucks at anything involving his hands."

[1] "Je shr shuh muh lan dong shi!?" Nol said looking at Charlie as he took the glass. "Oh and thanks for my hat back. I like it, reminds me that I'm a real hero" he said with a laugh. He then saw Shepherd Quentin trying to work the coffee machine. Nol downed the glass and gave a face as the whiskey burned on the way down. He walked up to Quentin. "Shepherd, Here let me." he said pouring the coffee. "Things around here sometime needs some persuasion" he said as he hit the machine and it started to work again. "Here you go" he said.

Tag All

[1] Je shr shuh muh lan dong shi!?
"What is this garbage!?"
Nolan Law
Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Cypher Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:18 am

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Marcus had just started reassembling the pistol with practiced and methodical ease when Charlie commented on his manual dexterity. He smiled and shrugged as he holstered the gun.

“I’ve been known to help out on engine work and such, as long as someone was there to tell me exactly what, where, and when to do something.”

Looking over at Nolan, he leaned back in the chair and kicked up his legs to rest them on the small table he’d been cleaning the gun on.

“Well, cap’n. It’s true I spent a little on ammo, but I didn’t get any guns.”

His smile turns a bit mischievous, and he chuckles.

“I did buy several vacuum-sealed, frozen venison steaks from Verbena, though. I think I’ll grill ‘em up next time we hit dirt.”

Marcus reached over and carefully raised his glass in a silent toast before downing it. He blinked a couple times, and let out a small cough.

“Good stuff,” he muttered.

[Tag all]
Marcus Cypher
Marcus Cypher
Refugee
Refugee

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Law Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:56 am

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Well, cap’n. It’s true I spent a little on ammo, but I didn’t get any guns.”
His smile turns a bit mischievous, and he chuckles.
“I did buy several vacuum-sealed, frozen venison steaks from Verbena, though. I think I’ll grill ‘em up next time we hit dirt.”

Nol smiled back at Marcus, "So our arms expert likes premium steaks, that's something new" he said. The crew were still getting used to each other on the ship only recently having a full crew. "Well that is actually funny. We all got some good stuff, but no one thought to get a new coffee machine" he said with a slight laugh. He then continued to laugh remembering a funny from the war, "It reminds back in the battle of Longhorn. My group and I were pinned down by Alliance Rollers. We had to get out before the air support came in, we moved into this old building and Jimmy. The man was always a clumsy" Nol said laughing.
He continued "Jimmy fell through this half opened steel door and found a fortune of gold and art. It was sad to leave it but I still remember our faces at seeing all that. And I am still sure that some even took some in thier pockets" he said smiling.

Nolan Law
Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richie Quentin Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:45 pm

(OOC: combining characters in one post again 'cause Charlie hasn't got much to do or say Razz)

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Nolan Law wrote:"Jimmy fell through this half opened steel door and found a fortune of gold and art. It was sad to leave it but I still remember our faces at seeing all that. And I am still sure that some even took some in thier pockets" he said smiling.

"By 'some' you mean you, right?" Charlie quipped. "And it's New Canaan brandy. Call it garbage again and me and you'll have issues, Cap'n."

A quiet moment passed. Charlie got up and got a book from the seat area nearby, coming back to the table with it. "It feels good, doesn't it? The peace and quiet," she said absently, turning a page.

Richie thanked Law for his help with the coffee machine and poured himself a mug full when it was done. He took this to the seating area just off the dining area, sitting on one of the comfortable, upholstered seats that he usually buckled into whenever they were to dock - 'just in case'. While he trusted the piloting skills of the crew, he still wasn't entirely convinced that God wasn't about to strike them all down for his behaviour.

Cavorting with thieves, lying to the authorities, thinking impure thoughts. His time aboard the Nightfall was digging into the potholes in his faith, making little ponderances into huge cavities of doubt. Becoming a Shepherd was what kept him from wrecking his life. He couldn't ruin that now.

"I think," he began, loudly enough for those at the dinner table to hear. "That it may be time for me to leave the Nightfall." His voice betrayed the fact he wasn't entirely sure about his decision, but he squared his shoulders and held his head up high nonetheless.

<Tag>
Richie Quentin
Richie Quentin
Private
Private

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Katylinn stepped into the mess and froze at the sight of Nol beating on her poor, mistreated coffee machine, shock keeping her from shouting; "what the Gorram hell do you think you're doing, step away from her now, no wonder she doesn't work for you after you mistreat her like that". Katylinn gave Nolen a deathly glare and went to the rescue of her baby, watching over Nolen as he made a coffee for Ritchie, "Sorry about the language, Shepard, I am a little protective of my lifeblood", Katylinn says distractedly as she looks over the small dents that appeared from Nolen's heavy handedness.

She stepped back at Ritchie's declaration and leaned against the the shelves behind her, "and what has brought this on; Shepard?" Katylinn asks, curiosity colouring her voice.

Tag

OOC: Sorry it's been a while since I posted in an RP and am having trouble remembering my past/present/future tenses hahaha
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 144

http://miss-stabby.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykob Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Jaykob lets out a langourious stretch as he steps into the Mess, having just shown some, nubile young woman off the ship. His tanned, muscled bare chest covered in small bruises that could be mistaken for nothing other than bite markss; marks he was always proud to bear in the name of pleasure. His tight brown denim trousers gave the hint that there may be something more than bite marks, hints that his back supported with the long lines of fingernail scratches that decorated his flesh.

Jaykob smiles as he sees most of the crew assembled and he grabs an apple from the bowl and chomps into it, "what's all this about you leaving Shepard. I thought you wouldn't rest until you delivered us all from our evil ways" Jaykob says lightly as he snags a shotglass and the Brandy bottle and pours himself a shot without asking Charlie, knowing this particular liquor was her favourite and deducting that it was hers. Life was all about the petty pleasures, and tormenting Charlie just happened to be one of the more enjoyable ones.

Tag
Jaykob
Jaykob
Private
Private

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Richie Quentin Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

"and what has brought this on; Shepard?" Katylinn asks
"what's all this about you leaving Shepard. I thought you wouldn't rest until you delivered us all from our evil ways"

Richie laughed. It was humorless and hollow, but it was better than nothing. He wrapped his hands around his coffee mug, the heat burning to the edge of pain.

"I'm starting to believe," he started quietly, looking at them all gathered around the dining table, "That you aren't capable of being saved. Maybe you don't want to, maybe God doesn't want you to be. Who knows anymore?"

He stretched, the unbleached linen shirt he wore itching his chest. "All I know is that I'll fall in with the devil if I stay on the Nightfall." He tried to sound like it was a horrifying prospect, even if he didn't feel it really was.

Charlie snatched the bottle from Jaykob's hand, fixing him with a glare. "Sorry, the good stuff is off-limits to manwhores."

Tag
Richie Quentin
Richie Quentin
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:32 am

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

A small frown spread over Katylinn's face as she heard the Shepard's hollow laugh, have we done this to him she thought worriedly and then focussed on the young man as he bagan to speak. "I'm sorry you feel that way Shepard. If you would like we can drop you off at whatever planet we next dock at. You've been welcome on this ship. As for God and if he wants us to be saved. We certainly have no idea on that, but as far as I'm concerned, if we're breathing we're coming out ahead. Its all about survival for most of us. I dont blame you for wanting out of this life, kid".

Katylinn took up one of the apples on the table and quartered it, cutting thin slivers off each cored quarter and eating them, "sometimes Shepard, falling in with the Devil is the only option".

~~~

Jaykob laughed deeply at Charlie's insult, downing the shot of brandy in a single gulp, relishing the feel of it burning its way down his throat. "And what's wrong with a little fun every now and then Charlie?" Jaykob asked smoothly and he leaned across, brushing his hand over Charlie's' "Even you would enjoy it from time to time". He gave her a nefarious smirk and leaned back in his chair. "Miss Mersah, would you be so kind as to make me a coffee? I wouldn't possibly dare to touch that machine without your sayso?" he said with more than a hint of sarcasm, tired of the coldness the first mate had towards him.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Law Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:55 pm

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Nolan looked over at the Shepherd and at the others in the crew considering it. "Well Shepherd I can't say that I will miss the preaching all that too much, but as for you leaving that is something that I will miss. You have sort of blended in with the rest of the crew and joined our little family. But out of respect for that I will not stop you if you should chose to leave, I just would like you to stay" Nolan said shocking the crew. He had in fact been the most stubborn in this subject, constantly testing the preacher faith with remarks but had been warming up to the man when he was not trying to convert him.

Tag All
Nolan Law
Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richie Quentin Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 am

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

"sometimes Shepard, falling in with the Devil is the only option".

Was it? It probably was. The Alliance were devils in disguise and no one on the rim planets was completely untainted by thievery and violence. Still, he had to try and make the best of a bad situation.

"Well Shepherd I can't say that I will miss the preaching all that too much, but as for you leaving that is something that I will miss. You have sort of blended in with the rest of the crew and joined our little family. But out of respect for that I will not stop you if you should chose to leave, I just would like you to stay"

Richie tried to stop a smile but couldn't help himself. Captain Law actually wanted him to stay? This was progress. "I'm almost tempted to stay a little longer now, Captain. Maybe I was making headway with you after all. Would you listen to preaching from a friend, rather than the stranger I once was?"

He knew the answer would be 'no', but it was amusing to ask anyway.

"And what's wrong with a little fun every now and then Charlie?" Jaykob asked smoothly and he leaned across, brushing his hand over Charlie's' "Even you would enjoy it from time to time"

Charlie watched as Jaykob asked Katylinn for a coffee, the other woman's jaw so tight she could almost hear teeth grinding from across the room. There was no love lost between those two.

Leaning in closer so as not to disturb the other conversation, Charlie whispered, "Fun? The first time was also the last time. I probably need to see a doctor now, who knows what the hell you may have given me? You see more women in a week than a companion does in a year."

Tag
Richie Quentin
Richie Quentin
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Chen Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:46 am

Space
Passenger Quarters

Mike shot up in his bunk breathing heavily and cold sweat covered his forehead. It was that dream again. He’d been having the same one almost every night since he left Londinum. He was sick of seeing himself back at that restaurant serving a man who was a real Chwen Joo [1]. Of all the things in the verse to dream about he had to dream about that god-awful job. Well he wouldn’t be getting much sleep he might as well go to the mess and get something to eat. He had found himself tired and so he had gone to bed before eating any dinner. Mike threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before heading to the mess.

The ship certainly wasn’t what Mike was accustomed to traveling too but it had a certain charm to it. It almost seemed human in a way. He stopped and chuckled to himself for that thought.
When he reached the mess hall he was a bit shocked to see it so full at this time of night…whatever time it was anyway, Mike hadn’t bothered to check before he left and it wasn’t like he could just look out the window and figure it out like he could back home. His eyes scanned the room and fell on the fresh fruit and coffee. That looked pretty good right now.

“Evening all. I hope no one objects if I help myself to an apple and some coffee,” he said. Mike felt a little guilty. He recognized Captain Law and the Shepherd but he still couldn’t quite remember the others names. If he paid enough attention he could probably figure it out to avoid having to ask for their names again.

Tag all

[1] Idiot, moron. Literally retarded pig
Michael Chen
Michael Chen
Refugee
Refugee

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Nolan Law Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

"I'm almost tempted to stay a little longer now, Captain. Maybe I was making headway with you after all. Would you listen to preaching from a friend, rather than the stranger I once was?"

Nol gave the Preacher a smile, "Keep it up and it might work that is if I don't crack first, Don't be pushing the bounds just yet" he said giving a small laugh at it. He had never been very religious but he did like the Shepard as a man but not his profession.

“Evening all. I hope no one objects if I help myself to an apple and some coffee,”

"Morning there sleepy head, The fruit go ahead there Michael. As for the Coffee, Katy there is being very protective of her beloved machine so enter there at your own risk. So Oh glamourous one what did you end up getting with your share of the booty" he asked as the newest crew member joined them.

Tag All
Nolan Law
Nolan Law
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Katylinn Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Space
Nightfall’s Mess

Katylinn gave Ritchie a grim smile as she saw him think over her parting words and she went back to her coffee machine, chuckling at the Captain's response. She looked up as someone new came into the mess. She took a step closer to the coffee machine and starting making him a coffee. "Help yourself to the apples, but no one touches this machine but me," she said giving the man a warning glare. She handed him the fresh brewed coffee and proceeded to clean the machine, ignoring Charlie and the doctor's hushed discussion.

---

Jaykob smiled nefariously as Charlie leaned in to him and he matched her confidential tone. "Oh you say that now but give it a little time, you'll be craving my body again. As for catching something, Charlie I keep an impeccably clean penis so no matter how many women I see, well there is nothing to catch from me but pleasure". He gave her a lascivious grin and leaned back in his chair with a smug grin.

Tag
Katylinn
Katylinn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Chen Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:33 am

"Morning there sleepy head, The fruit go ahead there Michael. As for the Coffee, Katy there is being very protective of her beloved machine so enter there at your own risk. So Oh glamourous one what did you end up getting with your share of the booty" he asked as the newest crew member joined them.

“Morning...or rather evening Captain. I got myself some new clothes. I figure having more than two outfits would be a benefit,” he said as he reached for an apple.

"Help yourself to the apples, but no one touches this machine but me,"

“I’ll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks for the coffee Katylinn,” he reached for the cup. It felt warm against his hand. It had been far too long since his last good cup of coffee. Mike lifted the coffee to his lips. Maybe it was the fact that he hadn’t had a cup for a long time but he felt that he had discovered the elixir of life. He took it all in, the smell the taste as he slowly sipped the dark liquid. Michael took a bite of the apple. The crisp sweet taste of the apple beautifully contrasted the bitter coffee. This moment was truly perfect. He maneuvered himself towards a chair. He tried to bring it closer to him by hooking the leg with his foot. As he was doing this he lost his balance and fell flat his backside spilling coffee on his torso.

“Go Neong Yung Doh [1]” he shouted. His face turned red as he realized he had cursed so loudly, and in the presence of ladies. Something his parents, especially his mother, had put strongly in his mind as something that should never be done.

“My apologies. I lost my cool for a moment. Could someone hand me a towel?” Michael asked as he picked himself up from the floor.[quote]

[1] Son of a bitch

Tag
Michael Chen
Michael Chen
Refugee
Refugee

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Cordoy Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:22 pm

"Oh you say that now but give it a little time, you'll be craving my body again. As for catching something, Charlie I keep an impeccably clean penis so no matter how many women I see, well there is nothing to catch from me but pleasure"

For once, Charlie was genuinely lost for words. She stared at Jaykob for a long moment, mind searching for a retort, but no. Her skin crawled. That had just been a comment too far. She got up abruptly, walking over to the counter just to get some distance from him.

Just missing the new guy taking an amazing tumble. It would have been rude to laugh. She did it anyway.

“My apologies. I lost my cool for a moment. Could someone hand me a towel?”

Charlie grabbed a dishcloth from inside a cupboard, giving it to him while plucking his empty mug from his hand. She made to refill it and get a mug for herself, not giving a damn what Katylinn said about only her touching the machine. "Do us all a favour, kid, and make sure you seatbelt up before take-off and landing. If you do that to yourself during smooth flight, I'd hate to see what you get up to in turbulence," she said to Michael, handing him back his mug.
Charlie Cordoy
Charlie Cordoy
Graphic Artist

Female Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum